Education at Cambridge International School
Cambridge International School, Jalandhar is affiliated with CBSE which is the largest educational board in the country.
In Cambridge we work for the development of all aspects of an individual’s personality. We are committed towards a holistic education which aims to instil appropriate and desirable ethical values to make students productive and responsible members of society.
We focus on excellence in academics from the beginning of the academic session and employ suitable remedial measures for enhancing their learning performance by identifying his/her learning difficulties at regular time intervals.
Affiliations & Accreditations
Cambridge International School is affiliated with CBSE, which is the largest educational board in the country. We are committed towards a holistic education which aims to instil appropriate and desirable ethical values to make students productive and responsible members of society. We provide student-centered education of the highest quality in a creative and cooperative environment.
The school is affiliated to the Central Board Of Secondary Education, New Delhi Vide Affiliation No. 1630620 and School No. 25383 under its 10+2 Pattern. A three year Pre-Primary stint is followed by five years of Primary Level and three years of Middle Level. After devoting two years to Secondary Education the students branch off to various streams for the Senior Secondary Level and at the end appear for a Board Examination under the aegis of CBSE, New Delhi. The streams available in the school for Senior Secondary Level are as follows:
- Medical Stream: English Core, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Physical Education/ Painting/ Music-Vocal or Instrumental/ Dance/Computer Science/Multimedia & Web Technology.
- Non-Medical Stream: English Core, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physical Education/ Painting/ Music-Vocal or Instrumental/ Dance/Computer Science/ Multimedia & Web Technology.
- Commerce Stream: English Core, Accountancy, Business Studies, Economics& Mathematics/ Physical Education/ Painting/ Music-Vocal or Instrumental/ Dance/Computer Science/ Multimedia & Web Technology
- Humanities Stream: English Core, History, Political Science, Psychology and Physical Education/ Painting/ Music-Vocal or Instrumental/ Dance/Computer Science/Multimedia & Web Technology/ Economics/ Home Science.
Primary School Education
Age Group — 6-11 Years
Cambridge International School offers a curriculum which is balanced and broadly based for the young students to start the journey of education without burden or fear. Nurturing environment of opportunities helps in academic and co-scholastic develop curiosity unlimited which ensures that students have fun, play and aim to achieve high.
Primary education consists of an year cycle: first to fifth classes. The primary curriculum aims to provide a broad learning experience and encourages a rich variety of approaches to teaching and learning that cater for the varied needs of individual children. The primary curriculum is designed to nurture the child in all dimensions of his or her life—spiritual, moral, cognitive, emotional, imaginative, aesthetic, social and physical.
The Primary School Curriculum outlines the contents of children’s learning—the what and how of children’s learning—for children’s first eight years in school, from junior infants to sixth class. The curriculum aims to:
- Develop each child’s potential to the full
- Encourage a love of learning
- Help children develop skills which will be useful throughout life
The curriculum has range of Subjects:
- Language: English, Punjabi, Hindi and French
- Social Science: history, geography and Civics
- Arts education: visual arts, music and drama
- Physical education
- Value Education with Real Projects
- Spiritual education
- Activities and Clubs are core of learning-teaching.
Assessment in primary school is about building a picture over time of a child’s learning progress across the curriculum. The teacher uses different ways to gather evidence about how and what the child learns on an ongoing basis. This information is used to celebrate the child’s current learning, and to help make decisions about next steps for future learning.
Middle School Programme CBSE
The Middle School
During the middle school, the student’s intellectual, aesthetic, physical and cultural growth is intensified and extended. It is at this stage school parents play pivotal role in shaping students as confident and resilient individuals.
Interdisciplinary methods of teaching help to explore beyond limited learning, peer interactions and presentations helps each student to be socially aware and active.
Setting a high standard facilitates the smooth transition from childhood to adolescence. Each student is given confidence that they can succeed. They are made active partners by building respectful teacher-learner relationships that take learners’ viewpoint and experiences into account. Pastoral Care is given equal value for creating the feeling of belonging for student to be independent thinkers.
Using assessment for learning to help learners assess their work, reflect on how they learn, and become active members of the process.
Clubs and Activities are carefully planned to balance the physical and mental growth.
Subjects at the middle level:
- English, Hindi/ Punjabi, Third language, Science, Mathematics, Social Studies, Computer Education.
- Art and Craft, Music, Dance, Sports, Swimming, Home Science, Robotics, Drama, Theatre and Arts.
The Secondary School
Stepping Into Life
Knowledge and skills gained during the Middle School years equip students with a firm foundation in the core subjects and develop strong learning skills to pursue a variety of educational streams in future.
Opportunities are provided to research, solve problems and make considered decisions so that over a period our students achieve self-reliance in learning and develop confidence and an understanding of the learning process.
Leadership is nurtured through various opportunities to lead, organise events for academic and social areas. At this stage, we believe, each student is to be nurtured to be brave, intelligent and resilient. Our goal is to enable our students to become individuals of vision and make the world better.
Subject at the Secondary Level:
- English, Hindi/Punjabi, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Computer Education, and Optional subjects from the vocational and mainstream studies.
- Art and Craft, Music, Dance, Sports, Swimming, Home Science, Robotics, Drama, Theatre, Language Arts.
The Senior Secondary School
Gateway to a creative life
This is the plus two stage in the 10+2 pattern of education leading to the All India Senior Secondary Education examination conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi.
Study in this phase becomes more specialised and students become focussed on future career targets. Specialist teaching is emphasised with the options of choices from Humanities, Commerce, and Sciences. But these do not limit our students from Dreaming, they are motivated to take up their passion.
Our school is well resourced with excellent caring staff, facilities, equipment and technology for their future to be as per the dreams.
Our commitment for future prepared students is not only an objective but a commitment to not let these valuable years be lost. Along with core subjects of sciences, commerce and humanities, we provide Liberal Arts possibilities with subjects like Psychology, Cosmetology, Food Technology, Fashion Technology, Information Technology, Legal studies.
Special care is taken to offer subjects that are contemporary and relevant for the future career. Diverse subject combinations are offered to make this crucial phase of schooling joyous and stress free.
From here tour students are ready to take charge of themselves and others.